SBH on 8/27AM..new prop..updated electronics..walleye

Mark Komo

With the boys football season ramping up, finding my fishing time getting squeezed. Had to get out on sat am to see how the new 21P tempest plus prop on the 250 handled. As well, hooked up the 104. Both didn't disappoint.

Prop was great. My buddy Robby Blosser from Wisco sent me his. All I need to do was pay for shipping and get a few chips/balancing taken care of . Rocky Bottom Prop in Buffalo did a nice job . She didnt flex at all on the higher rpms (I had a black max aluminum), got more top speed (just myself I hit 52..still wasnt at WOT), and reasonable rpms. A great addition.

Also hooked up the 104c. I had 2 HDS5's, which are nice, but getting old, so no longer can see that small stuff. Worked out great.

I was only out for a couple of hours. Fish are definately scattered. Water at 74.5. I ran to the canada line and found some folks working the area. Meat seemed to be better. I ran my typical midwest crank program. Deep Husky Glass Perch and snapweights. Lost a 4lb because my net wasnt set up, got the crank in the net and knocked em off. Second fish was a nice 3lber and got him in just fine. A couple of swings and misses, then called it a day. Seen rebs out there on his way to seneca shoal.

Noticed they changed the unloading (now far end) and loading (now 1st set of ramps). Seemed to be a good idea.

Pulled out at 900AM, went to the football game. Ate my fish, and took a nap. A great saturday. Oh used the Crenzys stuff for the first time. Was pretty good. Loved the yellow pike.

827fishfry.jpg

I can't wait to fish your boat sounds like your finally all dialed in. Ohh vey the electronics on it 10 inch and 2 5's very nice. I hope you don't plan on putting it away early I defintely see some river fishing this late fall or winter so go get familiar with the mighty Niagara so we know what we are doing.

You know it. One of the deciding factors when looking at tin vs glass. A boat has to be for the fishing you are gonna do. I used to love fishing my tin on the Illinois and Mississippi rivers on that warm winter day. Many a 50+ sauger day when the sun is shining and you got a good heat wave of about 35 in January. I expect to see a lot of river this cold water season.