Species Breakdown: Walleye

Hot Lure: TD-11's, shad, firetiger, pink lemonade

Trolling Speed: 1.7 - 2.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 24-40

Lure Depth: 20

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

It was a exceptional day for the two of us. We headed out around 6:30 and by 7:30 we were setup and chasing arches. The early morning bite was a bit slow. But by 9:30 the game was on, first fish is brought in and it virtually never stopped until we did at 2:30. We were very fortunate we boated somewhere around 12-14 fish we actually lost count but that's our best guess, lost 2, had 2 double headers, too much fun!

Before the fun pic's, we really need to band together as a group and get this problem resolved, cormorants need to be dealt with and eliminated.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Back to the good stuff, we fished 40 feet of water, temps were 48 early going to 59 by late morning up to 66 by mid afternoon.

The hot lures were TD 11's, although others were tried Reefs, trolls 2, The hot colours were Black/White, Silver/White in the early stages, then fire tiger or anything with green in it fired off, and by the end chartreuse pink and yellow was the answer. Really it seemed like it didn't matter what we presented it was all good.

The big fish was in the high 9's and the smallest in the low 6's.

A Big Thanks also goes out to the Preditor gang who were very helpful with what was working for them, they reported back hitting several fish in and around the 12 mark. Can hardly wait to see those pic's!

So here's a bunch of pic's of our day.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

All fish released except for for a couple we kept to feed a friend of Al's and my mom. LOL.

Special Note!!! Al Bad Luck charms left on shore, no banana's, no pennies and NO GRIZZLIES!!!!! Just kidding buddy, too bad you missed it. It was a blast.

Good luck to all, the boys and Big Girls are back in town. Cue Music.

====================

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice guys, some really solid fish in the mix. I'm looking forward to fishing the reach on Halloween weekend with some buddies 8)

Is there much of a bite at that time outside of the Bay? We ventured out there (South of Amherst Island) in the past and managed to only connect with OOS Lake Trout...

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Fishing the gap, east end of Amherst Island will be a good starting point for sure. Fish have been starting to increase and stack up as water temps start to drop. Although the fishing as of yet has been hit and miss, still a bit too early. I would fish the south shore of the Adolphustown reach if you're having no luck in the gap area. troll along past Prinyers Cove towards Keith's Shoal.

Good Luck

BigGene

Lures of choice,

TD 11's- green flash, natural shad, chartreuse, anything in blue or purple

Reef Runners- same applies

Very nice guys, some really solid fish in the mix. I'm looking forward to fishing the reach on Halloween weekend with some buddies 8)

Is there much of a bite at that time outside of the Bay? We ventured out there (South of Amherst Island) in the past and managed to only connect with OOS Lake Trout...

Cheers,

Tony

Tony, that weekend the best location is inside the gap to Prinyers Cove and maybe a little farther west even down to the little house on the north shore.

I'll be out that weekend, give a shout on the radio - channel 16 or 71

Big Gene was right on with the baits we use then. Bring some 5 to 8 cores.

Al

Thanks guys, I do have some experience trolling the reach and up to the ferry. We have done well with spoons on the cores as well as cranks

8)

I just haven't spent too much time out into the main lake so to speak, past Amherst I.