Seneca 9-20-2011----mid day solo

ERABBIT

I had three lines in the water at 1ish fishing east side pick up a nice heathlty looking brown 13" or 14" 61' down.......put a quick tape to him and put him back......weeds were not real bad but thought it maybe better on the west side.....figure I'd put the probe down and fish temp....WOW it was much deeper than I thought....picked up a small bow about 8" down 71' and a good landlock at 19" down 103'. Made a few passes thru and nothing more still some nice marks but nothing firing........trolled south not much to see on the screen put I picked up a legal laker about 17"...................pulled every thing up around 4:30pm .....would have liked to stay a bit longer but too many dark clouds out of the west................good day on the water and not many more left for me this season..... ;( ....camp closes in 25 days.....

It was weird how fast the down temp dropped down but also interesting. I think as the very cold nights cooled the surface water down and then mixed with the warmer water it all just pushed the temp deeper........also when I put the tape to that brown I was wondering how fast/much it grew. If it was one of the early spring stockers ( which I think it is ) it was about 8" then and it grew 5 to 6 inches since May......WOW !!!!!!! :yes: