Fair Haven Channel Fishing 09/20

Got over to Fair Haven around 6 this morning hoping the rain would stop. It slowed to a light drizzle, so I decided to try the channel for a while.

There were a few salmon coming through, but not many. I did manage to go 1 for 1 with a nice male king, around 20 - 22 lbs. (I think). Sorry, the picture came out a little dark.

011.jpg

I struck up a conversation with a nice fellow who was also fishing the channel. It turned out to be a fellow LOU member, MeatHunter737 (Jeff)! I hope to run into you again Jeff!

That was the only fish action for the morning! It's still early. Give it another week or two.

Jim

Nice.

We tried trolling for staging fish Sunday and had the skunks with us. We didn't mark a single fish from 15 fow out to 80 fow.

Water temps were still 62-63 degrees out in the lake.

With as choked with weeds as the pond is right now, hard to think there would be many fish trying to hit the creek yet. If I remember, Fair Haven run is almost always much later than Oswego and Pulaski.

Oh, wait a minute.... Meat is right - there are only four fish that run in Fair Haven, the rest are to the East, nobody need bother since the ones that run have already done so :lol:

Maybe I'll take a drive up one evening later in the week for an hour or two of casting in the channel.

Way to go Jeff!!

But remember- those two and the one I caught are the only ones going in to spawn this year (and the two I missed yesterday!)!! All the rest are headed to Oswego and the Salmon River!!

I may see you tomorrow morning- even though we know there are no more fish in the channel (wink,wink, nudge, nudge)!!

Jim