Canadice

Im used more to lake ontario fish but today i felt like breaking the riggers out and put on my small boat in hopes of hookin up on some trout up at canadice. Ive managed lakers at hemlock before but i never caught one at canadice. I managed one 2-3 pound splake (first one i ever caught) and my dad pulled another trout that we think was a brown but it got off. Today we fished 40-60 ft of water with no hookup on the riggers but we managed to hook up on the splake and the supposed brown off planar boards. I've never been very consistant at either of the lakes for coldwater species so any advice for this time of the year. I know deep for mid summer but idk about fall and their spawning patterns around here. Any advise would be great.....

Canuck, your right abotu there not being splake in the lake. I assumed that since hemlock had them canadice would too. Eveen this time of year i should be fishing that deep? For lakers it makes since but as far as browns and bows go i would assume they would be moving in shallow to spawn?

I have trolled Canadice off and on for the last 5 years or so. maybe 3 times per summer mostly. The best results for me were over the deepest sections of the lake and not very deep 40to60feet down over 70's to 90's.

My wire dipsey rig is a sure thing in there set on a 3 and about 150-165 feet of wire out.

The leadcore rig took my biggest laker at 6colors with a 100 foot flouro lead..spooky trout in here...not very deep and very good clarity.

Smaller size spoons, pheobes, stingers, perch colored deep diving cranks are good too. My biggest fish both brown and laker came off a gold colored stinger spoons over the deepest part of the lake.

You will occasionally pick up smaller lakers up shallow trolling right off the bottom in that 40-60 depth

You can try shallow but the pickerel and bass in there will harrass your lures.

Very big browns in there!! some huge smallies too ;)

good luck Rippin'Line...at least just my2c, I'm sure other presentations work well too

• 1 month later...