Another PA 10pt.

buckboardjr

This is my friend Steves 10pt. He has bow hunted for 10 yrs and never had any buck he wanted to shoot in range during archery. In PA you can only shoot one buck, so he would save his tag for gun season. He also saved his doe tags for gun season, as the rest of his family enjoy gun hunting together. This is his 1st deer period with a bow. Here's his story and BTW he is lucky to get on stand 3 times a year during archery. It was a spontanious hunt in the thick. Him and our mutual friend Emory worked there way into this thick area with a summit climber, quick cut a few openings and he was hunting. Before climbing up he went over to a trail that had a scrape on it and doctored it, and the lick branch with curiousity scent. While daydreaming in his stand he would say to himself,"Self, wouldn't it be great if a nice buck would come down that trail, and when it would go behind that thick spot I'd be able to draw and then when he comes out he'll hang up on my curiousity sent and I'll have a nice 15 yd shot". Well, after some blind grunting that is exactly what happened with just a little variation. Right before it went behind the brush the buck spotted him and played the I'll look down and then look back up at you game twice. Steve thought the game was over but the buck continued and completed the plan. Steve is long and lanky. I told Steve the buck decided he was just a branch.Steve was just about to blat him to a stop when Ol Mossy hung up on the scent and Steve double lunged him.

He went about 120 yds. Steve doesn't even know the brand of broadheads he used as he bought them 10 yrs ago. By his discription I believe they were Rocket Steelheads. At any rate what a nice buck. I think his Taxidermous scored it at 134 green.

100_1398a.jpg

DSCF1972a.jpg

DSCF1973a.jpg