Well I figured I would add my 2 cents. Nobody wanted to go out so I went out myself for a few hours out of Braddocks. It did not start well. I went out on plane and hit bottom. I am glad it is only sand. First hit in 10 years of owning the Boat. I was not happy. Did not do any major damage, but will file out the lil bit of curl on it. Anyways went out to 70 feet and trolled north. About a dozen other boats were around, probably a few guys from this forum. I stayed around 100 ft of water and got one teenage king. It took a bunch of line and I had the boat turned around by the time I got him in. Boy it is tough by yourself keeping the boat straight and all, but it beats mowing the lawn. Got the fish on white hootchie Mama with Mirage fly down around 75 feet on a dipsy. Saw a bunch of nets out on other boats. Will get out again, and maybe even fish the derby. Hopefully I won't hit anything again. Just a heads up, there are some orange jugs in the channel marking something..... GO SLOW !!!

here's an idea, don't lauch out of the bay. For what it's worth I sandblasted my $500 stainless screw coming out of there about a month ago. Don't get me wrong the structure in front of the bay is great, but you shouldn't have to push your boat acrossed a sand bar to get there.

Tight Lines,

Steve

Triple SSS

Yea you are right. I like it there cause there is never a wait to launch and the fishing is usually pretty good there with most other boats off the river. If I do go out of there again I will be crawling. I only have a 16 ft boat so it shouldn't be a problem. The week b4 I went out and a bass boat came in (YT?) and we had no problem. I'll probably go out of the river or Sandy from now on. I may try out of Hughes next week cause I want to catch a few Smallies and try for a King or 2.