Otter boats or boards?

Last thing I saw posted here on otter boats was how to get them fixed.

Hey pretty good memory there Ice.

Turns out I used a little bit of Gorilla glue where the small piece broke off and good as new.

Still going strong in 6 and 7 footers pulling 500 and 600 feet of copper. :yes:

Glen

My thoughts and I might come under fire for it:

I have otters and have done everything the guys say to do with them, extra keel, knot length, heavier rope. Still not very impressed compared to my homemade boards pulling long copper.

If you are tourney fishing and you HAVE to fish in rough water then they would be worth it.

If you charter and it's rough enough for your wood boards to flip, your clients are probably sick also and it'll be a short day anyways if you even go.

I probably wouldn't spent the money again and put that money into other upgrades, reels and rods...

My thoughts and I might come under fire for it:

I have otters and have done everything the guys say to do with them, extra keel, knot length, heavier rope. Still not very impressed compared to my homemade boards pulling long copper.

If you are tourney fishing and you HAVE to fish in rough water then they would be worth it.

If you charter and it's rough enough for your wood boards to flip, your clients are probably sick also and it'll be a short day anyways if you even go.

I probably wouldn't spent the money again and put that money into other upgrades, reels and rods...

Very good points. :yes: