At 8:00Am there was one boat making the turn west out of the channel and another boat getting ready to head out. There was much less floating ice around today and it looked fishable. I stopped at the Old Light House on the hill and could still see some pieces of ice out there, I wouldn't run up on plane for very far but trolling should be OK a long as you had a spotter in the bow! Good luck to the guys that headed out, maybe we'll get a report from them later today.

Very Nice! I think I opened up Pandora's box, but it's all good because it will help out small towns, like Sodus Point, during a down time. I know Captain Jack's, the little gas station, and Warrens get my business when I'm in town!

Thanks for the local support, there are some good people here in town. I may as well take this time to put in a plug for my local business. If any of you guys are golfers, bring your clubs along and take advantage of a great golf course on those windy days when ya can't get on the lake. Our course is open to the public on most days and we would sure like to have some new faces around here. Just call the pro shop for a tee time and they will do their best to get you out on the course.

http://www.sodusbayheights.com/

This morning as i headed south on Route 414 (near North Rose) towards work, someone was pulling their boat north, heading to what i assumed will be sodus. Since they were outfitted with riggers and a 21-22 foot cruiser, I assumed that might be whose out there now. Looked alot like an 1980's brown Penn Yan or possibly Thompson. Boy did it make me want to turn around and head back home for my boat. That is of course, til i remember it was still winterized in storage! A couple more weeks.....a couple more weeks......a couple more weeks!!!!

Yah- the word is definitely out. I took a ride by the north launch around 11:30 am today. There were four trucks with trailers parked in the lot, and two guys were launching their Mirrocraft (18-20 ft?).

I didn't see any boats on the lake or the bay, so not sure if they were perchin' of brownin'.

Jim

Nice...... I called my storage place to get the boat ready to be pulled out....not just need to fix the master cylinder on the tilt/trim. All reels/rods are "locked and loaded"....Maybe 1-2 weeks!!!!

I was brownin! drive the black Tahoe

1fish, that was us in the mirrorcraft. we fished noon to 3;30 went 5 for 6.

biggest a little over 9lbs. it was our secont trip out. last friday we went 7 for 7

in 4 hours. its great to be out in feb but fishing out of the small boat is already getting old,

cant waite to get the sportcraft out of storage.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the local support, there are some good people here in town. I may as well take this time to put in a plug for my local business. If any of you guys are golfers, bring your clubs along and take advantage of a great golf course on those windy days when ya can't get on the lake. Our course is open to the public on most days and we would sure like to have some new faces around here. Just call the pro shop for a tee time and they will do their best to get you out on the course.

http://www.sodusbayheights.com/

As a member of Seneca Falls Country Club and a fairly good golfer I highly recommend Sodus Bay Heights Golf. Great course layout, great conditioning, scenic, and challenging. If you are a golfer within 50 miles of Sodus I highly recommend you stop by there for a round. I have played many rounds there and enjoyed every one of them.