leadcore reel

can anyone out there tell me if the okuma magda MA20 DLX reel will be enough for 8 or 10 color of 18# leadcore.i want the smallest reel i can get away with so i can mount them on my 7' shimano catana's.any help would be great.i would be using 15# braid for backing.

I dont think it will be enough. For some reason I almost want to think you couldnt even fit a full ten colors with no backing... I use the Daiwa 47LC's and Okuma Magda Pro 45dx. They work great. I have a full 10 colors on my 45 with about 200 yards of backing.

ok, i transferred all but 150yds of 40lb braid off of my magda ma30dlx. the ma30dlx will only hold 6 colors with 150yds of 40 braid. long story short, tha ma20dlx is much smaller than the 30dlx so i guess this answered that. thanks for the help.p.s. glad that you guys put enough doubt in my head to make me check.

I was actually going to ask a simular ? i wanted to put 10 color 18lb on a Penn 310 GTI...??? Work or no, also how much backing can i use? Trying to free up a few line counter reels i have since you really dont need them with the core.

Thanks Matt

-Jakey Baby-

well, the magda pro ma30dlx reel i used had a line capacity of 15/510yds- 20/420yds- 25/310yds. and it will only hold 5 color of 18# with 150yds of 40lb spiderwire stealth.the spiderwire only has a line diameter equal to 10# mono.hope this helps.

I hopped on E-Bay where I picked up a few Penn 330s,320s and 310s. The 330s have 10 colors,the 320s 8 colors and the 310s are loaded with 6 colors. The Penn 320 can hold 10 colors of 18 pound lead core.

All reels have three hundred feet of power pro backing.