Oneida lake 2/24,25

Sean Youngblood

Sat. Fished out of Sylvan Beach,40 mph winds made thing tough.We did a lot of scouting didn't mark many fish only managed 2 Perch and a Whitey.Sunday with much better weather and a little Intel from Sat. scouting we went out of North bay.We hiked up the North shore about 2 miles.I fished in 31fow. fished one hole all day.Caught 3 keeper Eyes 11 shorts 8 jumbo Perch 1 nice Small mouth 1 Burbot and 2 Whiteys. My friend got 3 keeper Eyes including big fish at 5lbs.Slow start but a strong finish to my Ice fishing season.Now on to open water.

Shore ice was getting a little sketchy.Ice off Sylvan was about 6in.Going west out of North Bay there was some open water near shore that you had to go way out and around.Where we fished on the North shore next to some ice shoves the ice was 12in. but there is defiantly some bad spots out there.Sad to say it was probably the best ice I fished all winter.We wore Mustang suites and poked a lot with spud bars.

I am pretty sure we talked to you and your buddy as you went by Sunday. We were the ones that stayed until well after sunset. Fishing Saturday must have been fun in that wind and snow!

We did decent on Sunday too once we found them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I am pretty sure we talked to you and your buddy as you went by Sunday. We were the ones that stayed until well after sunset. Fishing Saturday must have been fun in that wind and snow!

We did decent on Sunday too once we found them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I was wearing a green Mustang suite and buddy was wearing an orange one.If those two characters matched that description that was us.We didn't mark a lot of fish just small schools now and then.I sat on one hole like a hen on eggs and capitalized on them when the schools came threw.It was my first trip to Oneida in about 20 years.What a wonderful fishery.Five species from one hole had to be a record for me.Glad you guys got in to them. Hope to see you out there next year on better ice.