Gump and I got out for about 3 hours on Friday morning on our buddy Tim's duck boat. We launched at the Coast Guard ramp and made our way west towards Maxwell before setting up. It wasn't as fast and furious as it had been in some of the previous reports, but we did manage to hook 8 browns in the time that we were out. All we put out were stick baits - the best being a chartreuse J-9 Rapala. We had no electronics of any kind on the boat, but I'd guess we were fishing anywhere between 4-12FOW most of the time. The lake was really flat but there was a South breeze that had the color line blown way out so the fish weren't as condensed as they would have been with a NW wind. Our best action came East of Maxwell as we trolled back towards port. All in all a good time and definitely one of the earliest days of trolling on Lake O for me! The fishing should be good from here on out - if you have a trailerable boat get up here and get in on the fun!

March_2_2012.jpg

When you guys go out the coast gurad station how far off shore are you? I know the sand bar is over there but I don't want to bang up my prop. We always go out of Margaretta.