Seneca Perch 3/15/12

Lund SSS

There are there but it took constant relocation to stay on top of them ..... Gator , Dad and myself landed 60 fish today. Minnows and Oakies were the go to baits for us and they were shallow less than 15'e43f0093.jpg

this weather is going to have the spawn REAL early get out there men.

Hey potsie, Hope you do better tomorrow then we did today, It sucked :( . Started out with a south wind and it went to the North. cruised the whole south end, the only fish we marked were in front of the docks west side, they didn't bite. Maybe tomorrow. ;) .

Thur we did Seneca, tough fishing, Fri back to I Bay, caught 50 + mostly by the red channel marker. Alot of small ones, I think they have scattered more. Tues we may do Honeyoye for crappie, perch and bluegill, beats working. Good luck and tight lines.

Doug

Where is the best place or good place to fish for perch. In the spring how deep do you fish and what do you use. I am planning to go to Seneca for perch and i would appreciate any help.

Joe

Joe,

I have been at it for almost 15 years and still have some off days. Go back into the past treads and do some reading. There still perch and everything you'd use else where can work but , Seneca is one of the most difficult lake to consistently catch fish in. Usually inside 20' and throw a dropshot rig with fatheads or spikes but don't get stuck in a rut. Keep moving till you find them. Fan cast around where you are , no fish then move. Keep at it it took me almost 5 years before I had a game plan to work with.

This is a little wacky for perch and maybe not that helpful, but most of my perch (jumbos: 12-15inches) were caught inadvertently while trying for gamefish. I guess the big guys ARE gamefish-or so they think! Usually 30 to 50 ft down while trolling or jigging. Trolling with any minnow imitator (trolling spoons or stick baits) or jigging with tubes, grub tails, or bucktails. They often are picked up amongst/with schools of smallmouths and even lakers in Seneca. And we have brought in many with these tactics, especially in summer and fall....