transducer

bear

I feel your pain on that transducer with the 788ci went thru that with them last spring , luckly I had bought a

Humminbird® Transom QuadraBeam Transducer

Model

XNT 9 QB 90 T

and put that on as aback-up.

That worked great , got it thru Calea's for $74.99+shipping.

I have the quadrabeam as well and am very pleased, though I don't recall the down beams as being any different in specs as the Quadra... Waht is your issue? I know there were some shallow water issues with the 788 but it was a software issue, not hardware, so make sure you are running the latest software version. You can download it to an SD card and pop it in the unit to update.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Thanks everybody that has answered me. I know all about the Furuno and the Airmar Transducers. I had one before my boat burned up in storage. I got cheap and bought a Humminbird 788ci and it does not mark fish well at all at any depth. What I need is a good transducer for it that will mark fish at all depths. I've had this at every angle possible and nothing works and I'm getting no interferrance because the only other transducer on the boat is my fishhawk and it marks the same whether the fishhawk is on or off. Humminbird was no help when I called them. I'm getting sick of spending money and the problem is not solved. With all the money and things that have happened I would have been way ahead if I had bought another Furuno. Thank you.