Hot Lure: purple alewife dreamweaver SS

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed:2.5-3.0

Boat Depth: 10-75

Lure Depth: 5-25

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Today we splashed down in Sodus for our shake-down trip. Motor fired right up and we were almost set to go, except for the water pouring in under the engine!! :o Put her back on the trailer, drained the water, and crossed our fingers that we didn't have a crack in the block! Come to find out, there are two identical holes right next to each other on the block, one for draining the water and the other ??? My dad had put the plug in the unknown hole leaving the drain hole open. :$ A quick fix and we were back in the water and on our way. It had taken a while to put the rig together so we got a bit of a late start heading out the pier around 10am. We were greeted with the first busted NOAA wind forecast (10 kt SW winds/waves 2 ft or less) with a stiff west/northwest wind 10-20 kts and 2-4 footers. :$ It was just me and my dad and he wasn't sure he wanted to stay in the lake and sport the waves or go back and troll in the bay. We decided to give it a go in the lake and set lines just east of Maxwell. I set the first rigger with a Nuclear Green Stinger SS and before I could rig the 2nd rigger the first popped with our first fish of the year: a healthy 6 lb laker.

It was released to fight another day and I set the rest of our spread. Since we were testing all the gear, doing some new rigging, and since I was rigging solo (my dad just drives), we only ran two riggers with spoons and two long-lines with stickbaits. It wasn't long before the orange J7 Rapala got whacked with a 5 lb brown, followed by several shots (small browns) on the purple dreamweaver alewife SS set 8 ft down on the rigger. We decided to swing our deeper and run a king spread to see if we could hook into a big boy, but it wasn't our day for a screamin' drag. :$ We did pick up one more 5 lb laker over 75 ft of water, 25 ft down on an NK28 black w/ green glow, but that was it out deeper. The screen was blank all day with no bait or fish marked.

All in all a great first trip and it was really nice to be back on the big pond!! 8) With all the reports of kings in the eastern basin, it looks to be a banner year for us this year!! :clap:

Tight Lines!

:yes: cant wait to get out there. Been to Seneca twice so far, making a Sodus trip soon. We had water in the bilge as well, I had lost the oring on one of the plugs, never noticed until the pump clicked on :o Found out the Trophy can hold alot in her bilge :o