Will cannon rod holders work?

Albany area has been catching a few, extremely slow in Newburgh, we were out last friday and yesterday... Managed one fish last friday and missed one yesterday. Everyone we talked to in Newburgh said we were lucky to get one. The ramp is also $15 now...

2012-04-20_08-20-08_648.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

:D

I'd like to pickup a couple of the cannon dual downrigger mount rod holders, does anyone know if they can be mounted to scotty riggers though?

11978327.jpg

you miaswell get the cannon riggers too :D , then you know they will fit

I already have the scottys and not looking to pay for new cannon riggers. The scottys work very well, but the rod holders drive me nuts. I found the cannons at a good price, but the store doesnt take returns since theyre on clearance. I was hoping someone had already tried this.

That's a real good price for those rod holders , I have three used ones on my boat and they work great except for the ends coming off ( cheap glue I guess )...................anyway I'm not sure you would have full movement , looks like the Scotty profile of the motor is way wider than a Cannon rigger................that said IF a Scotty rigger can be mounted on a Cannon low or high profile swivel base then you could put the rod holder on with your Scotty's................not much help but !!!!!!

Just caled the bait shop last 2 days guys fishing like i us were doing 20 to 30 a day with many many 25lbrs in the mix headin over monday.......baits ordered boats ready id leave right now if i didnt have to go out of town thursday....

Just caled the bait shop last 2 days guys fishing like i us were doing 20 to 30 a day with many many 25lbrs in the mix headin over monday.......baits ordered boats ready id leave right now if i didnt have to go out of town thursday....

Awesome! I'm going to try to take Friday off, so if the weather cooperates we should be out there Fri & Sat and maybe Sun.

Nick