Oswego - Mexico Bay 4/29-5/1

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: Lady Hawk

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): April 29th - May 1st (Morning and Evening)

Time on Water: ALOT

Weather/Temp:45-50 degrees. 50 inside Oswego Harbor

Wind Speed/Direction: All over

Waves: Dead Calm - 4 foot rollers

Surface Temp: 45-50 degrees

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: Lost Count

Total Boated:50+

Species Breakdown: Browns, Kings, Lakers, Steelhead, Smallmouth Bass and Atlantic

Hot Lure: Stinger Spoons and E Chip Krinkle behind a paddle for the Kings and Steelhead

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: Browns out to 30 feet / Kings out to 110'

Lure Depth: All Over

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Want to first thank all of teh LOU memebers for their help on our first trip to the Big Lake on our own boat, Secondly I wanna thank Jersey Jim on the Double J for taking us out on his vessel on Sunday amd and show us the ropes, he put us on fish right off the bat!!!! He is full of valuable information and my brain soaked it up like a sponge. We had our limit of browns in about 45 minutes and then we played catch and release for a few hours before the lake got to rough. \

Monday - My brother in law eho works at Gander in new Hartford wanted to go so he met us up in Mexico and away we went. We boated 19 (give or take a few) browns and a smallmouth that morning. Smallllll Stick baits in a yellow with brown back were hot even in 25-33 FOW. Goby colored spoons, chicken wing, NBK also fired. (All had our limit for the day)

That afternoon we decided to head to Oswego to try for Kings out in front. Keep in mind that we have never done this before. I went to Woodys and he hooked me up big time with dipsys, flashers, flys, snap swivels yada yada yada. Make a long story short, we shoulda went to Oswego First so we can keep the kings instead of the browns. We boated 5 kings, a laker and a brown. Biggest king was 18.5 lbs on the digital. All fish released safely. SPRING KINGS KICKED MY A$$!!!!!!!!

Tuesday - Beat up on the browns again in the AM out in front of Selkirk in 30 FOW. Over 20 boated, nothing big maybe 5 lbs. Then hit Oswego Harbor for a few hours on the way home, hit one small Atlantic,only 14 inches. Pretty fish!!!

Thats that trip!!!

Again, thank you all for helping me out with my annoying questions but I appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!