Sandy 9/6/07 - PM report

HI all.

Did the "evening thing" for the 1st time this year and had a ball! :D

After a slow start, from 4:30-6:00pm, with nothing but a couple of wire/dipsey rigs tangled together ;( & not seeing much on the screen, I was beginning to get the whiff of a possible skunkaroo. Then at 6:15 or so things picked up. Started with a drop, then a 24# king, then a 10lber, another drop, and then as the boy was picking up the last rod to call it a night, a 16# king just about ripped the rod out of his hands. He fought it into the dark. What fun! :D

Now for the particulars:

Went 3 for 5, all fish caught on white/pearl e-chip w/white mirage fly.

Both drops on a green sd w/green krinkle fly.

All strikes in 50-60FOW with wires out 100-120', on the 3 dipsey settings.

GPS 2.5 - 2.7 mph.

Surface temp ~ 71.

I've read some of the reports on here that say the df screen was blank until the sun goes down, and then the screen lights up with bait/fish. I honestly could not image that happening that quickly. I believe now! I have never seen that much activity on my df before. It makes it that much more exciting to know that there are fish around and that a strike could be coming at any second.

Good luck to you all this weekend. I'm taking the weekend off for my B-day Sat. & the Bills game on Sun. GO BILLS!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Tank,

Yea that doesn't seem right does it. :lol:

Really the forecast doesn't sound that good for my smaller boat, plus the boy wants to go try and shoot some geese tomorrow morning. Then we're going to pick out our new lab puppy so my lazy a.. doesn't have to be the retriever anymore. :lol:

Good luck if you make it out.

LTtroller

(Bob)

Actually Tank I have learned recently (last few years) that some of the best fishing on the FL is in Oct/Nov. so any days off that are to warm for sitting a tree, I head for the water, usually Canadaigua Lake.

Less morons on the water, then in the woods too! :lol:

Take care.

LTtroller

(BOB)