G. lake salmon and trout fishing The complete trollers Guide

Great Lakes Salmon and Trout Fishing. The Complete Trollers Guide

By capt. Dan Keating and capt. Chip Porter

Has anyone tried this? There are no Precision Trolling books to be found anywhere, so I was considering this one. I just wanted to see if anyone here already had, and whether it is a good resource or not. Thanks for any info.

Screamin' Reels,

DJ

I have read that one and dan keatings other books. He charters lake michigan but the majority of the text is relevant to lake o. It has helped me put more salmon and steelhead in the cooler for sure. All of his books are easy reads.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

It's a great resource - I'm in the middle of rereading it, actually; I have both books and their companion dvds. They aren't going to replace Romanack's Precision Trolling reference charts though - Keatings books don't provide that level of detail.

Precision Trolling I (for crankbaits) is still available - I found it online yesterday for $20. Precision Trolling II - Big Water Edition is pretty much gone, although I found one guy on a Walleye forum with a few copies for $65. Fishing 411 (Romanack's site) says that they have a phone app coming in June but provides no detail yet.

OK I will probably order one but I would still really like to find the depth curves for dipsy's especially. I am going to set up 2 wire rigs and would really like the dive charts for wire

Take a slow day and make a chart for yourself..........it is really more important that when you get a hit on a dipsy that you remember how far you had it out so you can repeat............in the mean time I think most of us use 3 to 1 3' out 1 foot down...... but the walkers do better from I've read on here...........

here is so more info hope it helps.......

http://www.straitlineanglers.com/Articl ... laners.htm