Livewell Pump does not always work

tbulhead

I've noticed after the last few winters and one time last summer (when I had not used the livewell for a few weeks) it seems it doesn't want to work (pump water into the livewell). Usually then out of the blue it seems to work correctly. Is this a common issue with livewell pumps which have not been used regularly?

In my little bass boat the same thing happens. I switch it on & off a few times & it will work. Pulled the pump off the base to get to the impeller oncev & found some weed around it . I think it gets sucked in there & dries/hardens & wont work till it gets wet & softends up so it will pass thru.

Leave switch on and feel the motor...if hot or warm...it is the motor trying to work. If not it is wiring circuits, switch, or dead spot in the motor. Brushes get sticky, need a thump sometimes.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Ok, so It's not electrical....a priming issue. Check intake screen and fittings....O rings get dry. Put some tranny fluid on them and reinstall or get new if not pliable, out of shape....gotta look for suction leaks pull the intake off and dump some water in the pump. Put your thumb over the intake and feel for suction. Could be dry diaphragm in pump.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png