Name: Jake

Home Port: Trailer, Seneca/Cayuga

Boat Type: 89' Spectrum Bluefin 16'

I fish for: Trout and anything that bites

This is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. I would like to say thank you to fisherman on this site. The knowledge and willingness to share is like nothing I’ve seen. I keep my boat up in Seneca county and live in Corning. I have fished Seneca Lake a long time but just recently (Last 5 yrs) got into trolling (Only on Seneca & Cayuga). I have (2) manual downriggers, a Seth Green rig, Diver rods with ppro braid (only use early b4 fleas) and this yr trying for the 1st time a few off shore inline boards. I’ll be slipping at 55 - Sampson for the Derby this weekend . I’ve had a rough time boating many fish the past few years, but it’s not from a lack of trying. Hoping to make it out more this year and use some of the tips from the forums. I have learned a lot from this site and hope I can give a little back someday after I figure out how to boat fish consistently myself.

Thanks again,

Jake Hayes

welcome to the site Jake . Iam also new to this game of trolling . I have found for learning that Keuka lake gets you lots of practice setting lines and such . Lots of smaller fish but it will give you lots of action . It is much easier to find fish on keuka than in the bigger lakes Imo . good luck with your fishing .

Welcome to the site, I am pretty new here as well and lurked for awhile. I agree with you that everyone is very helpful and this site is a great resource. I get lots of new ideas and am always excited to get out and try new things and new areas.