Crazy- double!

Mower

Had a new experience today on the lake and have to share it. We finished out the morning in front of myers point and did ok for the day but it started slow. It was going to be our last pass and one of the riggers fired- we were deep at 120 down, alright the we grab the rod reel like crazy got the slack up and the fish is there it's pulling like a laker all the sudden the rod doubles over and almost out of my buddies hand, i yelled what are you doing and he just said "holding on but I've got a monster". Turned out we hooked a 29in laker off the rigger once the rigger tripped and we caught up w/ the slack a 5.75lb brown hit the slider. It was crazy, I ended up clearing all the roads on the back of the boat and we landed both fish but it was funny to watch the line have a 90 degree bend in it and see it pulling in both directions.

We netted the brown, it cut the line on the slider quickly and eventually landed the laker as well.

And then proceeded to the doc for a few cocktails and many laughs.

.......great story. I haven't fish that area in a few years but when I did I also had a few strange happenings. One year in particular I grabbed few bass while trolling for lakers that were down deep along the drop-off on the southside of that point. Had 2 doubles that day. Laker off the ball and a bass on the slider. What a riot, laker trying to dive and the bass jumping out of the water.

Here are a couple bass caught on flies 65' down......

Bass_65_Cayuga002.jpg

....and another days bass catch while trolling for trout. These were caught out over 300'+ water.........

Bass9_29_02.jpg

....sometimes you never know what's on the other end `till they surface.

Again great report. Thanks for shareing.