Treble vs. Siwash

AS - Did that about 35 years ago to a bunch of spoons. Only ones that I haven't converted are the DWSS, cuz I have a lot of trouble adjusting for the same action. You will occassionally brain hook a little guy but you'll get the fish out of your net & back in the water a lot faster with the singles.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

we've been experimenting with this as well. i think the landing ratio is definitely better with the single but i noticed this year with the kings that we hooked a bunch in the eye or did other damage. we release most of our fish as well. verdict is still out for me. im thinking they work better for lakers that seem to get hooked in the top or bottom center of the mouth and also noticed that the smaller singles work real well on smaller fingerlakes landlocks. i hate seeing a 15" landlock commit suicide by thrashing with a treble in its mouth...

Agreed. It spoils the thrill when you see them go belly up despite your best efforts at revival. Either of you guys put siwash hooks on body baits such as Lymans? We put some 2/0s (front) and 3/0s (rear) on and I guess we'll find out this week how they go. Also trying something crazy next time out (we tend to make a habit of that with mixed results)... I'll keep you posted.

Out West on the big Lake we can only use Siwash , most guys run the 4/0 , 5/0 and some will go bigger to a 6 or 7. Of course these are all Salt Water hooks for this big lake.

Might think about the size of the siwash hooks your using