Seneca 6/9 and 6/10

Went out son saturday with some family from out of town. Fished are way north, Hit few fish, just couldnt get a program going. I will blame it on the yellow things they brought aboard... :lol: They would not believe me about the curse... so we only did a few fish. Dipsys and Leadcore.

Sunday, Had some clients.

Went north of where we were and worked deeper water only fishing in the 30-75 range over 250-450 fow. Managed a decent pick of fish, we didnt hit the water till 9:30 but I imagine the morning bite was great. We did a few lakers on the heavy side and a small salmon. Dipsys were on fire today. Spoons on a #1 dipsy on a 2.5 out 200 and FF white green dot green crinkle fly out 190 on a mag 1.5 setting. Pulled a nice fish off the inline 10 color with a MS Spoon, think it was a cotton candy.

One of my hand tied flies did some damage until the swivel hung up and twisted to the point the line broke in front of the flasher.. ;( Looks like a visit to Hills, Valleys & Streams today is in order.

On the # 1 dipsy we let it out with a blue alwive looking MS spoon, As soon as it hit 200, the line was screaming, I mean SCREAMING. It felt and looked like an ontario fish. The leader ended up snapping. I imagine a silver fish the way it was running.. Better luck next time! They only kept tweo fish, all released.

We are finally seeing temperature breaks! 61 surface down 25 was 55 ....and down 45 was 51.... 50 down was 48.

This weekend should be phenominal!!!

Tight Lines..

Captain Nick Overacker

PS: Everyone interested in fishing the Seneca Shootout, Please contact me!