Seneca 6/9pm & 6/10am

My girlfriend got into town late Friday so we didn't make it up to Seneca until midday on Saturday. After some ominous clouds passed we headed out for a sunset "cruise". Set-up in the south end on the west side headed north and she got some practice with the gear pulling in some smaller salmon. I usually run solo and was also practicing with the larger spread of rods. The practice payed off when one of the dispeys (back 200 with a "bloody death" DW SS) went off and she got into a good battle with a nice rainbow. Didn't get a weight but it was the biggest bow I have boated since I started on Seneca last summer. She was very psyched and ready to go out again the next day.

We got an early start on Sunday and headed a little further north up by Starkey Pt. We boated a couple lakers early on and a smaller salmon. Headed south to Glenora and hit a nice pocket of fish including a 8lb laker, a couple nice salmon and another bow. I was really hoping for a brown to finish off the grand slam, but she had a long drive home and we had to get off the water before noon. I think we ended up 7/10 on Sunday. I sent her home with some salmon fillets from a nice 22" silver that took the hook in the eye, otherwise all the fish went back to grow bigger. I was very impressed with myself with my massive 6 rod spread until Reel Stories trolled by with 14 rods out.

We got most fish from 25-55ft over 150-300ft off riggers, lead core and divers. I also broke in the new inline planer (went with the Walleye Board) with the lead core and it worked great and as I was told earlier this week there was no mistaking when it went off! I had set the drag light with the clicker and it worked great for a 3lb salmon.

Jon

P1000704.jpg

P1000726.jpg

P1000728.jpg