Jax Sandy Creek Report 9-24 P.M.

Got to the river by 6 and was fishing by 615. Set up in about 25 fow with 2 inline planer boards pulling J plugs back 100+ and 2 spoons off the riggers. Within 20 minutes we had our first rip on the inline back 120 ft hauling a green with black ladder back jplug after a couple jumps he was gone. Set back up and around 700 the other planer board with watermelon tiger jplug plus 1 oz snapweight takes off and is screamin. The fish took me out to 340 ft and I told my friend to slow down to 2mph and start turnin on him so I could gain. Fought him for 15 minutes and got the planer board off to fight just the fish. Soon as I had the board off the line the other planer board takes off screamin! Doubled UP At Dusk!!! Boated both fish with one being 24 pounds and the next 18 and change. Set back up after with all glows because it was pitch black except for our boat lights and the almost full moon. Got a short rip on the inline again with no one home. Came back across the creek around 830 and noticed one of the riggers shake followed by the rod going almost slack then slamming down. FISH ON in the dark! :D I thought my rigger was hitting bottem but it was only down 9 ft. Got this fish to the boat and called it a nite shortly after.

Fishing at Nite for kings is pretty wild! Fished for 4 hours and ended 3 for 5 with Jplugs doin the damage with 4 of the hits. All 3 fish boated were females with biggest being 24 pounds. We worked inside 30ft the whole nite with the best flurry of action around 630-8. Good luck to all that are still fishing, Im goin off shore next time to find me something alive. Anyone one want pictures of these dark pigs? :shock: If you have seen one dark salmon you have seen em all.

Later,

Jax

Jax,

Keith and I thought we saw you pulling out around 10 pm...and you post after midnight?!? What's the matter with you...does it take that long to get home? Or did you stop to put the boat away first! :)

Just yankin' your chain. We did one fish in the creek below the bridge out of Keith's smaller boat on sacs, saw a few others caught, but our days of trolling are over for this year. The final wipedown was last night, and she gets pulled for maintenance this week. Sad days.

On a brighter note, only a few weeks til bowseason.

Good luck out there.

Gator,

Nothin' but Net.