Species Breakdown: 3 lakers, 2 kings

Hot Lure: white/pearl glow SD and blue fly

Trolling Speed: 2.3-2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 140-150fow

Lure Depth: 70'rigger, 250' standard dipsy and 200' mag diver

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Decided to try and get a couple early hours of trolling in before the rain set in. Set lines in 100fow, two divers and a rigger. As soon as i got to 150fow, mag diver pulling a white/pearl glow SD and blue fly, starts to rip.....feels like a nice laker, but will never know....GONE. Reset diver.....Rigger set at 70' with a yellow NBK and pro-e flasher starts to go......have it on a few minutes....feels like another laker.....GONE.

Okay, WTH.....light bites?? I decide to run a couple tenths faster on the troll and on the same east/west line of 150, BAM......diver goes ripping again and finally land a fish! A decent 8lb laker....and i figured I was gonna be in for a laker bite all morning. But turned boat around and headed right for the three way points I just got fish in..... and get to the first way point.

Mag diver starts ripping again, but feels like another laker.....BUT FOOLED.....turned out to be a very, non-aggressive 8lb king. Shook his head like a laker and never really ran like a king does....but still it was a king. PHEW

Lines re-set....staying on the same east/west line running in this 150 fow of water in a stamp half mile long and ZZZZZZZZZ....the other diver set back 250 foot pulling a green nuclear SD and green fly starts RIPPING line.....Out to 350 like that. I try putting on some drag, but he runs again out to 400 foot. So i figure a real nice king and I am not going to horse him too much. I get him back into about 370' and he says....lets go for another run....out to 425' and I am worried I have a really LARGE king and how the heck I am going to net him by myself! LOL Well 30 minutes later a very nice and healthy 15 lb king hits the back of the boat. He fought twice as hard as the 23lb'r the other night. Ya' just never know! Still, dont matter to me.....I love fighting Kings! Well he is back in the lake to give someone else a smile!

Managed 2 more lakers off the same mag diver, which took 5 of the 7 hits this morning. I am loving that set up.....blue fly on a base white SD has been my bread and butter this summer, althought the green nuclear SD and green fly is a close second.

I pulled lines at 9:45 as the winds changed and you knew the rain was just about here. Rain got me at the docks, but not bad. What a good way to end the weekend!

Tight Lines!!!

====================

That was a good trip. I don't try to net the big ones when I'm along, get them tired out and pull them along side the boat and reach in the gills and through them in the boat. Make sure you know where the hooks are before you stick your hand in the gills. ;)

Very nice. Sounds like a workout by yourself. Did you run east from Bear Creek or west? have not done to much fishing down there before.

Tom