Species Breakdown: 4 kings/2 cohos/1 steely that we released

Hot Lure: Revalators and NO C UM Flies

Trolling Speed: 1.5-2.3

Down Speed: 2.5-2.8

Boat Depth: 170-300 ft

Lure Depth: 60-75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================July 14 Saturday morning launched the old girl at 7 we were running a little late from having a few to many :beer:s but hey that happens. Had Bubba and his Dad and stepbrother for there first trip out on the Big O to do some derby fishing. Stayed inside for two hours and didn't move a rod so we headed out for greener pastures and finally the wire took off at 10:25 which was are first hit of the day and Brian got his first ever Salmon a real nice mature he was ecstatic. Then ten minutes later the 230 wire went screaming again and this guy took out 600 man that was frigging awesome. So it was Pat, who for some reason i kept calling Bob, his turn to fight Mr King and boy it gave him all he wanted and while clearing rods the other wire goes off and YA BABY we had are first double of the year. So Jeff grabbed that one and him and his Dad got to fight fish side by side.(Good Times Bubba) :rofl: . Got both fish in and high fives and we started picking away at them except i couldn't fight a fish to save my life. Oh my god i had the dropsies on 2 in a row so i got mad at my self and let the rest of the guys fight fish but turns out they had caught the dropsies also and we started out 3/3 and ended 4/8.

July 15 Sunday morning we were up earlier and dunked her at 6. Ran out to where we did it the day before. Had Bubba, Mookers and Greg on board today and boy we knocked it outta the park outta the shoots. 6:45 we netted the biggest fish Greg has ever caught a 13 lbs Coho, it was a really nice fish. Then a few minutes later did another Coho on the rigger. It was all wire on Saturday and today was all riggers. And then man we hit a lull for four hours we didn't move a rod. So the rally caps came out and the rally sunglasses :D and finally the outside rigger got crushed and we were off to the races, Bubba told me to fight the fish so after the best fight i have ever experienced we landed a awesome King. Got it on a Blue Spin Doctor and a Weenie Fly. Fishing was tough for us today just couldn't get the right program going but i will say i have never laughed so hard on the boat. What a great time with a group of guys that just rip on each other non stop. We will be back next weekend. CANT WAIT.

On a side note i took my wife and son who is six months on a fishing trip for the fourth of July and while we were out crappy fishing my wife put her pole in front of Tommy and man he grabbed it and started cranking. Pics below. It was really awesome to see. Before long he will be wrenching in Kings with us and im so thankful for my family and to have a fisheries like Lake Ontario just about in my back yard.

009.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

044.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

035.jpg

We may not always catch a lot of fish, but we sure do have a good time! Looking forward to next weekend to try our luck again and make some more great memories. Until next time...this is Bubba signing out!

P.S. On a side note, work sucks, would rather be headed to the "OAK" right now!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png