braid/dipsey question

thinking about adding another rod to my small arsenal. I'm thinking of getting another okuma glt combo specifically the 8'6 medium action with the magda pro 30sized reel. I'd like to give some of the 001 dipsey divers a try for candice and hemlock trout. If I back the reel with about 200' of 10# big game and then 150 yards of 30lb Powerpro will that be sufficient for the smaller fingerlakes? would I need to run a snubber or are those more for the bigger fish on the bigger lakes. I have a few dicks sporting goods coupons and gift cards and am on a tightish budget so if this mentioned setup will work I'll be happy

Well I wouldn't use 10 lb line as a backing, if you get into it and something snaps it'll be that and you'll lose the fish, terminal tackle and all the braid. If you can afford it go all braid or use 30 lb Big Game.

Well I wouldn't use 10 lb line as a backing, if you get into it and something snaps it'll be that and you'll lose the fish, terminal tackle and all the braid. If you can afford it go all braid or use 30 lb Big Game.

Thanks hermit ill get some 30lb for backer. I wanna be able to pull cranks in the spring for walleye with this rod as well otherwise id probably go all out with a wire/dipsey setup

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am Planning on doing the same with my setup. I am running 30lb big game 20lb power pro braid and 20lb flouro after the snubber and dipsy.

These are also my walleye rods but seeing how the walleyes are in Canada where I fish I am going to give Deep water trout and salmon a shot.

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png