Coho spin doc and fly

So I bought a shorter spin doc (orange) and a bunch of coho flies. I know we use ~22" for the larger SD's and flies what is the preferred length for the shorter SD coho fly leaders?

If there around I'd like to target them with one rod, for table fare.

Thanks,

Spike

This time of year go with a 3" fly (cut a standard 4" to 3") as you will be fishing deeper now for them. The peanut flies are more for spring time shallow water. 90' down, they are going to have trouble finding a peanut fly. Standard sized spin docs would do just as well.

I've taken kings on the small SD with peanut flies on a 400 copper. I use a leader that is 3 times the lenght of the paddle. I've also been known to run the small paddles on a fixed cheater for higher steelhead and cohos. Just remember not to pop to the rod to retrieve.

I've taken kings on the small SD with peanut flies on a 400 copper. I use a leader that is 3 times the lenght of the paddle. I've also been known to run the small paddles on a fixed cheater for higher steelhead and cohos. Just remember not to pop to the rod to retrieve.

That is a good idea. I think I'll try it. I try not to pop on retrieve if I am stacked. It can make a mess sometimes.

Jekyll give me a shout if your out there next week. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive.

Spike