Hot Lure: Hammer time Spin Doctor and the green hammer fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100 - 500

Lure Depth: 80-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Statrted the morning in 230 and trolled out almost to 500. The fish are very scattered and the majors were hiding from us today (first time that has happened in weeks). We did a mess of small kings, steelhead and 2 tiny coho. We worked our way all the back into 100 and things were no diiferent temp and fishing wise in 100 than they were all the way out and in.

We fished last night and had the same thing with our biggest fish being only 9lbs!! Have not had an outing like that yet this year! :@ Marked a ton of bait and fish but just couldnt get em to go. We to took two of the most beutifull Stealhead i've ever seen, but both of them were about 7-8 inces long!! Ended the night neting 8 fish and dupming one decent fish on the wire......What gives Sandy is better then that!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

We fished last night and had the same thing with our biggest fish being only 9lbs!! Have not had an outing like that yet this year! :@ Marked a ton of bait and fish but just couldnt get em to go. We to took two of the most beutifull Stealhead i've ever seen, but both of them were about 7-8 inces long!! Ended the night neting 8 fish and dupming one decent fish on the wire......What gives Sandy is better then that!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

I think that pod of big kings that was out front has decided to move on East. The river guys are now having their way with them. This NE wind will move things around again.

opps thought it was a common term,,,,,,,,,,when bait is sotra laying flat maybe fuzzy edges then their happy no big fish is feeding... when their tight circle ,suspended ,sorta split from fish running through them they are in their only defence mode which is to circle up and hope they end up on the inside... :tmi:

I had similar results Tues am on a short trip (till 9:30). Found 72 degrees on the bottom in 80 ft. so we headed North. Boated a bunch of low teen kings and some nice steelies. I did have 2 majors on..one dropped at the back of the boat and one that destoyed a 75# swivel and took my fly and leader with him! The first major was in 300 and the second in 450ft. I hope to get out with the kids tomorrow am. Tank