Cayuga on Monday

It was 2 years ago I fished Tauhannock Falls this late in the year. We did mark alot of fish and OK bait. The catch was fair Probably just an off day.

There was a post about the so. end and warm water. Can,t imagin things have cooled down much nor that the schools of bait have moved back If things are the same, I'd try the park or no. of Myers Have you try the power plant? Good luck Mon.

That would be Taughannock at the South end. 'Coarse the Helmsman has to duck to get under the bridge.

Now I see that the weatherman is calling for winds gusting up to 23 MPH. That should blow the warm water back from the south.

Remember the old days when we just went fishin' ?

My son and I fished last weekend between Deans Cove Sheldrake on the west side..............landed 17 fish,,,,couple of browns and lakers,,,,,,,,,,,mostly small salmon and rainbow. Worst year I ever had for lakers on Cayuga but landed several 10...12 lb. browns. Used to catch lakers that big but not this year. Taughannock been dead all season.....used to be my kill zone.

Hear ya go. Fish at the plant and north of the plant in 100 fow. 60 down and run sliders. Black and purple, green, etc spoons. The fishing is excellent. 2 very big bows have come there in the last 2 days. Lots of lakers too.

The lake is fishable until about noon. The wind comes up after it warms up. It's been flat calm in the mornings and evenings. Right now its whippin but fishable. You would prolly be better off launching at myers.

The fishing has been very good for me this year, I don't know what you guys are talking about, right TM? :lol:

Good luck

RR