Navionics card differences?

Misty IV

The Navionics card for my GPS/Chartplotter caused my Raychart 425 to throw error messages and after returning the unit to Raymarine for repair, they determined the card is the culprit, as it powers up fine without the card inserted. The card which I had was the 648XL for Lake Ontario. Apparently, that is no longer made or available, and the only versions available are the Platinum and Platinum Plus. Obviously, a step up from the standard card I am used to. I am assuming the newer cards will work in my older Raychart, seeing it is set-up for Navionics cards. What are the major, if any, differences between the Platinum and Platinum Plus cards? I cannot seem to get much information from the Raymarine website. Thanks!

I traded in my old boat and I have a real 648XL in my hands as I type this. I kept the card as that was not part of my trade in. Price on the box says 185.00 make me an offer and it's yours. It does not work in the new Lowrance HDS-8 Gen-2. The card is in the original package with all my sales paperwork with it.