Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2 to 2.7

Boat Depth: 75 to 500

Lure Depth: 40 to 80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The mornings were terrible for us this weekend. We never moved a rod until after 12:00 both days...I'm not sure why??

Saturday we started around 75 fow and fished inside around the 80 fow mark until noon or so. Screen looked good. Marked fish from 40 down to the bottom. Temp was around 50' down inside. After alot of nothing, we headed out and went 4 for 5 on steelhead around 350 to 400 fow. Temp was about 70' down out there. Came back inside around 3pm and went 2 for 3 on kings and got 1 steelhead inside also before dark on Saturday.

Sunday was more of the same. Looked good inside, but never moved a rod until after 12:00. Finally boated a decent king and a steelhead before we left at 3pm.

good steelhead were 10 and 12lbs. Kings were, 14, 18, and 21lbs. The one king we lost was pulling good and probably over 20lbs as well.

All kings around the 80 fow area. 2 of the 4 kings we had on were on NK spoons. 1 on orange crush on a rigger about 55 down and 1 on mag 42 sec on a fixed slider about 65 down. The other kings were on flasher/flies. 1 on the bottom on white/green dot spin doctor with cryptonite fly and the other on 42 sec spin doctor/green mirage fly on dipsey at 240. Had 2 other releases on flasher/flies around 65 down that were probably kings but never hooked up.

It seemed like a tough weekend. I know I thought it would be better and we didn't see many caught either day.

Had the same out of Sandy on Saturday - marked constant bait and active marks from 100 to 120 fow from north of mouth to Braddocks. Conditions were perfect but we only picked at them, managed 5 of 8 (skipper kings and average lakers).

Same here out of Sandy Saturday fished all day.Started in 80 after about an hour of nothing headed north. Went out as far as 570 never had a hit till noon.Caught 3 bows out deep lost probably 7 or 8 mostly on the sliders nothing big. Trolled back into 80-90 did one more beautiful colored bow and finished up with one King 22lbs.Whats up with these slow mornings?

Thank god it wasnt just me. I fished the oak this weekend, Managed 2 salmon each day fishing inside, biggest maybe 21 lbs. very very frustrating and a bit strange. I gave up by noon both days though. All bites came 10-11 am. I really worked for those few fish

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Kooter, I saw you this weekend. I remember saying that is the biggest Grumann I've ever seen. Didn't know they made a boat that big. Unfortunately, I think last weekend was it for me this year. I'll be spending my time muskie fishing Chautauqua now until my November trip to the St Lawrence.