What Boat to buy???????

I thought I was set on a starcraft fishmaster to salmon fish but I was looking at the superfisherman as well. As rough as it has been the last couple of trips I have been thinking about a fiberglass boat for the weight, but I don't know if any company makes a fiberglass boat that is like the deep deep v design that is in line with the starcraft. Question 1 is fiber glass or aluminum? 2. Is a small open back style like the superfisherman around in a glass model? Post some pics of your boat you use. I'm trying to get a boat with allot of fishable room in the back so that when you double up I'm not in an mma brawl with the other guy. I also should say I would like to stick with an outboard motor design. Thanks Mike

What size are you thinking? Do you have towing concerns? Will you be towing and how far?

I bought an 18' foot Trophy walk around. I would have gone a bit bigger if I didn't do soo much towing. But I wanted to be able to tow from CT to Buffalo if I need to, which I did this spring. It handles the lake pretty well. I wouldn't go out in 4 footers but anything under I can handle. The only thing is that it fishes three comfortably but I wouldn't want to fish four people on it.

If you give more information we can probably give better opinions. Budget, Length, Towing vehicle, primary uses, how far your towing, how many people you fish with etc.

I have the 2011 Superfisherman/115 Etec and love it so far. I've pulled my kids tubing, slow trolled Walleye, jigged for lakers using the iPilot trolling motor, and ran dipsies on Seneca in a pretty good wind...maybe 2-3ft white caps or bigger. It handles nice and I wouldn't be afraid to take her on Ontario is similar conditions.

As far as width in the back, I've only run 2 dipsies and 1 long line down the chute. My riggers are coming this week and I can give you a better report how that whole program works in a few weeks if you are still interested. Based on what I can tell I wouldn't have trouble with a double if you move the third seat to the bow. I also like the traxtech system so I can change my style of fishing quickly. One thing I wish I had more of is rod storage.

Overall I am impressed with the handling. The deep V does force a lot of steering corrections as it carves but its minimal.

I prefer glass, they troll easier, catch less wind, track better in rough water, ride better, and are drier and if you buy a quality boat you don't have to worry about rotting floors and transoms over time 100% composite are best at 2nd would be boats that do have wood have the wood encapsulated inside the glass I believe grady's are like this. Nothing wrong with a big bad alumimum trolling machine though my friends have Lund Fisherman's, Pro V's, Tyee's, Starcraft Fishmasters, Superfisherman, and all fish well and will handle some serious rough water but I prefer glass.

If you can find one try proline. Made out of Florida and handle rough water amazing. We have been out in 6'ers and have stayed dry while riding the trough.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png