9/4-9/6 Seneca

Had a tough time finding fish over this 3 day period.

9/4 - Went out in the evening for a couple hours in the rain. Stayed put in the south end fishing along the rocks and then across and up to the Salt Point. Didn't mark much and no releases.

9/5 - Waited for an early wind to die down and hit the water around 9am. Headed north and trolled between Long and Kibbe, but couldn't get anything going. Also fished a little north of Long and marked some big fish on the bottom, presume lakers, but could't get a bite in the upper part of the column. Trolled a little on the east side working my way back south and hit some weedy areas.

Did get into some good topwater bass fishing in the evening which were the only fish of the day.

9/6 - Finally had some success on thursday am. Stayed south and worked some deeper water. Finally found some bait and the fish followed. Got 4 salmon, kept one that was hooked deep, and a small rainbow. Lost a nice salmon. All fish came off the riggers down 55ft with long leads.

I know I could probably get more fish if I ran some lines deeper but I really prefer salmons/browns/rainbows. It seems that if you target these fish exclusively on Seneca you can be in for some sloooooow days. Oh well, better than working and I had the lake mostly to myself.

:yes: ......

I know I could probably get more fish if I ran some lines deeper but I really prefer salmons/browns/rainbows. It seems that if you target these fish exclusively on Seneca you can be in for some sloooooow days.

I'm with you on that love just going for those.......... I just have to remember IF I have other people on the boat to get the KNOT out of my head and go after the lakers , easier to find and most times you can make them bite if you have to WACK'N with a cannon ball.................. :lol: