Navionics chip question for Lake Ontario?

slipbob

I have a Lowrance 26cHD and was wondering if anybody knows if the preloaded software that Lowrance puts on there has charts for Lake Ontario or if I need to get the Navionics classic chip to run on the unit? I'm heading up to the Bay of Quinte after Thanksgiving for some walleyes and want to be prepared in regards to a good picture on my Lowrance before I head out in the bay in total darkness to troll :shock: Thanks in advance for any help!!

Your lawrance will have a basic map. The chip will be more detailed. You will not need it to navigate, but It's better to have it if your going to fish the area more than once or twice. If you don't fish the region very often, just get a paper chart.

Your lawrance will have a basic map. The chip will be more detailed. You will not need it to navigate, but It's better to have it if your going to fish the area more than once or twice. If you don't fish the region very often, just get a paper chart.

Thanks. I emailed Lowrance and they actually replied back and told me the bay would be on the preloaded Nauticpath charts. It won't show depth contours but I do have the large paper maps of the bay for reference. It's a trolling game up there anyway so I just need to have some trails on the GPS and be able to mark waypoints when we hit fish and find our way back out and in to the ramp at night!