Lakers/bait

Hey guys, I've called a few shops in the phone book but there closed- can someone please let me no where I can get some minnows nearby I'm launching at Lewiston Friday for some ducks and the forecast looks decent so I'm thinking of making my first attempt on the bar for lakers. Thanks in advance- scott

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Well I suck. Just ran kwickfish and not a strike. The wind was screwing me up today pushing me across the current into Canada. I was trying to drift towards the can in the trench I believe it's referred to. Also ran Stella and the coast guard. Lures were where they were supposed to be don't no if I was doing something wrong or just not agreat day but I took full advantage of the white winged scoters while I was down there. Any tips to make my next trip a success

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Scott I am no pro on the river/bar.I have had some great days,good days,and some 0 days.Water clarity is one of the biggest factors.To muddy =few or 0 fish. Kwikfish work best with a south wind,when wind isn't fighting the current.On the Bar the drop into the trench is where I have always had the best luck.I prefer live bait preferably emeralds at the Bar but have had success with Kwikfish also.Some days the fish in the river are really on the move and it can take awhile to locate them.One day we fished from daybreak till an hour before dark without a bite covered most of the river.In the last hour we boated like 12 bows.Every drift we got at least 1 fish and several doubles.Stella has always been one of my favorite drifts.Sounds to me it was just poor conditions.Keep plugging at it your days will come.Thanks for the update. I have been getting the itch. Hopefully it will get scratched soon