End of the season seaducks

I made a run to the western end of the lake for the last of the duck season. There were quite a few hunters out in the unseasonably warm weather and not an over abundance of ducks. We managed to get six birds on Friday and five on Saturday. We had a couple young guys move in much to close to us (125 yards away in our line of fire) on Friday that basically put an end to our hunt. They were in a small boat with an electric motor and should not have even been on the lake. Hopefully they will practice better hunting ethics in the future.

0111131217a.jpg

Sorry sir didnt realize we were ruining your hunt, we scouted the lake the past few days and no one eles was hunting it so we were planning on hunting where you guys were but you beat us there. We figured you still had the whole bay, if we would of known you were that upset we would of moved. You guys drove right by us to pick up your duck and you didnt even say anything so we figured we were ok. Never hunted the lake before and we wanted to shoot a scoter. We tried setting up on the other side but it was to rough. Do i now realize we were prolly to close, yes. And i apologize, but next time why dont you guys come say something to us then instead of just bashing us days later on a open forum where we and everyone eles can read it.

We've all made mistakes in our water fowling and the important thing is we learn valuable lessons. We saw you had limited gear and were new to the game so decided to not hassle you. We had a couple more days to hunt and had killed a few birds already. I'm just glad to know you realize what you did was wrong and unsafe and you learn from it. Glad you got a bird and good luck in your pursuit of big lake hunting. Hopefully you'll still be at it long after I'm forced to hang up my decoys.