Gps for ice fishing

Sean Youngblood

I would like to get a GPS for ice fishing that has good depth contours. I was thinking of getting one that takes an SD card like the Delorem pn 40 or 60. And using the Navionics Hot Maps so I could use it in my boat for my Lowrance lcx 38c hd. My Lowrance has a built in 30GB hard drive with the following info in it.(from the website)

Preloaded with a wealth of exquisitely-detailed Lowrance electronic mapping and charts for coastal and inland navigation in and around the U.S. and Hawaii. Includes MapCreate USA Topo, U.S. Enhanced Lake Maps and Fishing Hot Spots PRO coverage with depth contours, plus data-rich NauticPath Coastal with Great Lakes coverage. Would the Hop Maps enhance my Lowrance or is most or all this info all ready in there? Or is there a better option for a hand held that will get me near the structure and not break the bank.(I don't have a smart phone to load apps so that is not an option)

I have a Lowrance H2O,, which is a hand held, with a Navionics chip.

Either on the snowmobile, or the 4-wheeler(better choice for me), I drive right up to the edges/stucture that holds 'em when fishing for them on liquid water.

Punch a hole, and take a peek with the Vexilar. :yes:

Thanks Fish Hunter I took your advise and got a used Lowrance iFINDER H2O C with a card in it of all the lakes for a buck and a half.Can't beat that.Ice should be all firmed back up by the time it gets here and then it's game on.