Help....I need to get out fishing!!

Fishtails

Hey guys!! Any ideas on where I can take my 9yr old fishing over x-mas vacation?? He's pretty hardcore like his dad, so he'll do fine with the elements as long as it's reasonable. He just wants to get out, and so do I!! Where can I take him....any ideas on a somewhat kid friendly spot?? This is new to me...we would typically head closer to the equator to winter fish, so any ideas, tips, tricks, techniques or anything else would be really appreciated

:lol::D

I have two charters scheduled over X-mas break....

Jan 11th- http://www.bobstonewater.com . Full day 9 hours of bass fishing for $350 + bait (avg. $75 for bait).

Jan. 12th- www.critterfleet.com . 12 hour Sport charter (king mackeral, marlin, wahoo, dolphin, grouper, etc) is $1200 (max party of six- three booked right now) www.critterfleet.com

I could use another head or two on the 12th.

Cdelong....very tempting, but I promised the wife I wouldn't go to Florida this winter. I'm supposed to be saving for a new summer camp, but at the rate I'm buying new fishing stuff, I'm not doing very vell with the saving aspect. Next time maybe ;)

gokudl3.....my kid would love to go to the Niagera! Could you, or others, expand a bit on what I'd need and how I'd fish it? Like I said...I never fished the cold months, so this will be real new to me.

Thanks!!

All the rock jetties in Florida where the intercoastal way meets the ocean have serious outgoing/incoming tide currents which attract bait/gamefish. If you go down to the jetties at first light the water is alive with predators wacking bait balls. For kids, a live shrimp 3-4 feet under an ocean bobber is the coolest thing in the world. You will be amazed at the species of fish you will catch. If casting is your thing, Yozuri stickbaits or Little Cleos work. Make sure you bring some heavy Fluorocarbon leader material for those toothy critters.

She does have a sister....cute too !! ;););)

We decided to do the Florida thing, but my going was not without it's stipulations. She wants to tag along so she can tan while we are out fishing....I can agree to that !!!!!!

I think we still want to get up there ice fishing though....my son keeps asking to do that.