Getting ready for 2013 Browns

reillym

Hey fellow fishemen,getting ready for the new year,getting a new boat and looking forward

to April to head out for those browns out of Oswego,I missed my chance last year as my boat

wasn't ready for the spring.Trying to figure out how im going to fish the10-20 fow they will be in,has any one just set anchor when there located and started casting for them or is trolling the main method,wondering what spoons or stick baits are the best for the area of Oswego. All thought

are welcome. Thanks

Trolling is better for sure.i have seen poeple casting from there boats to the outer break wall.sometimes the browns there will use the outer breakwall to trap a school of baitfish and feed.if your there earlly in spring or water temps are cold i have had better luck with rapalas,smithwicks , ect.and better luck with spoons as the water temp warms up.pay attention to the wind direction there i personally have better catches trolling into the wind.the browns last year you couldnt keep of your lines and the salmon where there as well.it was a really good year there last year with the salmon being there that earlly.i just moved to oswego permentally.good luck

I always see guys (on calm days) parked in the plume at Sandy casting. Im not sure how successful they are but they are there. I have done both and trolling (when done right) will prove to be more successful then casting. It allows you to cover more water and leave your baits in the water longer.

I always see guys (on calm days) parked in the plume at Sandy casting. Im not sure how successful they are but they are there. I have done both and trolling (when done right) will prove to be more successful then casting. It allows you to cover more water and leave your baits in the water longer.

That's usually me fishing the sandy plume and there is a reason I keep doing it :) 8 lb browns and rainbows on light tackle just does not get old ;)