under floor gas tanks

fieromx3

hey everyone. does anyone know of any companies/brands for an underfloor gas tank?? i keep try to research but only ever find moeller... 

my current tank is 23 gallons and measures 61L''x5H''x18W'' and is plastic but i got room to downsize and upsize a bit. 

I pulled my built in tank after the fill line leaked gasoline into the bilges when the clamps and hoses failed to due age and hardening. I now use two six gallon portable tanks that suffice for my needs. They also can be filled at local gas stations.

That might be something you don't want to mess around with yourself. If it doesn't fit or seal up properly you may end up with a real disaster on your hands. I'd look for a knowledgable mechanic at a marina and get some advice beforehand.

its actually at the shop right now getting new stringers,floor,engine rebuild, and lots more and a gas tank is what they recommend but not required because 1. seems like the seal is leaking and being its so old the bolt pattern isnt the standard 5bolt and the fuel sender isnt working properly and again with its age a new sender cant be fit into it due to its design.  2. im putting a vinyl floor instead of carpet and its all being laid in one piece so it will be good to have a new tank as to not worry about something happening to it

Edited by fieromx3