Mounting outboard

I have a newer 115 merc outboard I'm dying to mount on the back of the my boat but it seems the thru-hull glue says to apply over 40 degrees. I'm wondering if anyone has installed below cause as you see browns are about to turn hot and any more reports are going to drive me nutty

do you have or are you able to get a portable electric heater or propane heater?? not a small one but one that will radiate lots of heat over the entire transom?? that would work really well to distribute the heat evenly just dont have it so close that it will cook the transom.. just enough to make it warm for a duration of time

Edited by fieromx3

You could always throw a heat lamp on it overnight or for 24hrs. if the barn has electricity. Or even 2 lamps one on each side.  I have used the cheap aluminum clamp on trouble lights and a heat bulb for chickens once and it seemed to work pretty well.

If you don't have a heater it might be worth your while to RENT a commercial portable propane heater from a rental place if you have one nearby if it is affordable. The bottom line is that mounting that motor correctly is very important and it is one of those situations where you don't want to be in the position of later on saying to yourself "Why didn't I wait or take the time to do it right?" :o  I can relate to wanting to get out there soon though :lol: