Winter boredom/ product idea sharing

Got rid of my down-riggers, just couldn't get a successful program going with them, or build any confidence like I could with Dipsys and wire rods  :)  :yes: , so bought 4 more wire rods to replace them, more Dipsys, some Tru-Trip jet divers, Church TX-44 planers, of course a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet jigging outfit. A new product that I found that I would like to share http://www.bigpapasportfishing.com/ , because my divers get banged around in an over sized 1 compartment Plano box, so I bought Big PaPa's "Diver Duffle", holds 8 magnum Dipsys and folds into a package less than a foot square

post-144605-0-46536500-1363798842_thumb.jpg

post-144605-0-43886700-1363798885_thumb.jpg

LOOK for the guy towing 6 tangled wire rods this year ! :P  :ninja:  :shake:  :o  :headbang:  :swear:  :wondering:

Perhaps you should have tried to experiment more with riggers and dipsy program together before bailing on the riggers altogether.  I like to run lots of different presentations because certain days wires may out produce riggers and other days copper and leadcore take more fish.  If you are running Cannons which I see in your avatar did you ever unplug them?  Sounds weird but I tried it and caught a fish right away.  Doesn't work all the time but it is weird.   Also I know a couple guys who got rid of their cannons and switched to big jons and caught more fish on riggers. 

If you are running flasher flies on dipsies put flasher flies on riggers with short leads like 5'-10'.  Some times spoons you may be using are less speed tolerant than wire dipsies with flashers flies.

Also you should add copper to your presentations like a 200' or 300' set up will produce regularly in the FLX.  You can run 200' and 300' copper on Church in line planer boards to get them away from boat and leave the chute free to fight fish.  Give it a try because a 6 wire rod dipsy set up may be tough especially if you ever want to turn.  I remember seeing a boat name several years ago called "Turn, turn, turn".    Spring is coming, soon I think..

Quite some time ago I got tired of looking into my plano boxes and other tackle boxes each time I wanted to change lures so I went to Walmart and bought my solution to the lure searching and inconvenience problem...here it is....look closely at the rear right and left side of the boat on the bimini top supports (they hold 200 plus lures) ...a word of caution...use miniature bungees to secure them :o  It works out great when fishing alone top up or down :)

P.S. They are the foam things used by tubers and kids cut into the size to fit my needs

post-145411-0-07608600-1363804356_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

WOW !!! would never even ponder going out on the big O without my riggers. Unless it was earl spring near shore for Browns, even then there's been trips I was I'd thrown them on. Clear water conditions in 20'-30' in late April some BIG fish out there. I'm fully outfitted; planer boards, dipsey's, inline weights, jet divers, torpedo's you name it it's on the boat. Do I always run it .... no but I'd never remove 1 of the most consistent producers on the boat. Just my 2 cents  

Marty rigged my buddys Trophy up with those riggers over the weekend they look great on there .... He told me to tell you thanks again and he loved how fast they were.... I'll try not to send you to many pics of all the fish we catch on them... Lol ;)

Mike

I told a story on here once before...........My Son and I would fish every year together, we would both get up early, go out with my tackle box full of lures and "fish" the day away trying to coax the elusive "big one" into our new used boat and motor. :)  Then I bought a fish finder, and our time "fishing" was soon replaced with "searching" for fish  :shake:​  My new used boat is super loose and since most times I fish by myself ( I have no clients) I find I can put 3 wire rods with Dipsy's on the "drag" out a lot easier than trying to set out 1 down rigger without going in circles. The learning curve came a lot easier for me with wire, Dipsys, Spin Doctors, flies, so the 2 $700 down riggers were just "boat bling" at the launch, they looked cool on the boat, but were most times just going out for a ride.........like my Son  :wondering: ...................HEY ! that Dipsy Duffle is pretty cool huh ?  :yes:  :)

Marty rigged my buddys Trophy up with those riggers over the weekend they look great on there .... He told me to tell you thanks again and he loved how fast they were.... I'll try not to send you to many pics of all the fish we catch on them... Lol ;)

Mike

Hey Mike glad Rob will get the use they deserve out of them :rofl: , keep missing you at the "plaza", bought the 2 black mag Dipsys I found hidden in the rack ........AND send those pics ! I enjoy them !, did you get the Fish Hawk mounted ?

Hey Mike glad Rob will get the use they deserve out of them :rofl: , keep missing you at the "plaza", bought the 2 black mag Dipsys I found hidden in the rack ........AND send those pics ! I enjoy them !, did you get the Fish Hawk mounted ?

OMG !!!!! :o  HE GOT RID OF THE FISH HAWK TOO !?!?!?!? :o  :rofl: