Billy V & Rusty Rat on Cayuga - April 24, 2013

Rusty Rat's boat had an unfortunate meeting with the bottom of a marina over the weekend, so we ran his morning charter for today on my boat while his boat is being repaired.  We left Myers a little bit later than planned and ran south to set up.  Our first rod didn't hit the water until almost 6:45am.  We had a crazy good bite for the first three hours of the day then it settled into a steady bite for the remainder of our trip.  We wrapped up our day at 11:30am just one bite short of the 40 mark and I think we landed 30 or 31 of them.  Our otter boats pulling Thin Fin's in white, black/white, and gold/black did a lot of damage today as did KABOOM's in green goby and black/silver.  Our rigger bite wasn't as good today as it was a couple of days ago but we still managed a smooth dozen bites or so on NK's and Super Slim's in die hard, gator, and sea sick waddler patterns.  All of our fish today were atlantics with the exception of two nice chain pickerel and we threw all of our fish back to grow and be caught another day except for two atlantics that will be tonight's dinner.  Best temps were 46-47 degrees and best speed on our Depth Raider was 1.6-1.9mph.

fletcher2_zps8ad04c1b.jpg

fletcher_zps30709808.jpg

fletcher3_zps0355f0e5.jpg

Great day, sounds awesome!  RR sorry to hear about the boat.  How many rods were you guys running?  I'm still trying to figure out how to do 4 without a mess.  I'll be back out there before the weekend can't wait!

Good going.....sorry to hear about Rusty's boat these are expensive critters to own aren't they? Good thing that pickerals head wasn't down further :lol:

Hermit we were running a 9 rod spread - 3 on each of the boards and 3 on riggers.  We could've dropped another 4 divers in the mix if need be!  If you wanna see how we do that just stop by the boat sometime and I'll show you.