Sold / Closed 10" display KODEN Sonar

I have a pretty nice KODEN Sonar, model 8841 that I am no longer using. This is a high quality sonar in a sturdy metal case intended for commercial fishing applications. It's a bit overkill for recreational downrigger trolling, but if you have the dash board room on your boat, this is a heck of a nice fish finder. You can easily see images on the big 10" screen while working lines at the transom.

I removed it from my last boat but found I couldn't use a thru-hull transducer on my new boat (a foam-filled Boston Whaler) without major surgery to the foam, so I went with a black box add-on to my Garmin network and a transom mount transducer instead.

In preparation for transferring it to my new boat (before I realized that I couldn't actually use it) I sent the unit in for a major service and they installed the latest motherboard and software at that time which I believe is circa 2010/2011. I also ordered a brand new 120KH bronze thru-hull triducer with speed and temp. The display was deemed by the service tech to be in good working order so it was not replaced, it's VGA resolution.

I have the complete unit, mount, owners manual, and wiring all in very good shape, and a plastic dust cover that while functional, has deteriorated somewhat with time as one would normally expect.

Here is a link where you can read up on the specifications of the unit: http://www.bethel-marine.com/Koden_CVS884142.htm

Mine was configured and frequency match tuned for the included bronze wide-angle 120khz multi-function triducer. I cost me about $300 for the new motherboard, and a flat fee for service, and a few hundred more for the new transducer.

I'm looking for a reasonable offer. I'll ship it, but it cost me about $40 to have it double packed and shipped with insurance when I sent it in for service, so please consider my cost to ship it to you if you decide to make an offer on it. I'm in the Niagara Falls area if you'd like to stop by and take a look at it in person.

Edited by John E Powell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...