2001 Merc 9.9 Kicker oil/fuel mix

Adk1

Just the normal 1:50.  Don't worry about ethanol,with a 2001 all your hoses are alcohol resistant. Just make it a habit to always refill your fuel tank at the end of a trip.

I have run 1957 35 horse engines, a 1964 9.5 Evinrude (my previous kicker) ,1985 50 horse engines and a 1984 75 horse merc on ethanol laced fuel (10 %) and never had a spot of trouble. The problems start if you leave a half full tank sitting around for months with hot days and cold nights.

Edited by rolmops

She does look good.

I suggest that you attach a chain to the outboard,so that if -god forbid- she shakes loose off your bracket she does not sink never to be seen again. It seems to happen more than you would think.

With those Garelick brackets the kicker ends up quite a distance from the stern. in flat water that does not matter but when it gets to be a bit wavy this causes the kicker to come out of the water so always run  it at the lowest bracket position possible.

Cornelis.

She does look good.

I suggest that you attach a chain to the outboard,so that if -god forbid- she shakes loose off your bracket she does not sink never to be seen again. It seems to happen more than you would think.

With those Garelick brackets the kicker ends up quite a distance from the stern. in flat water that does not matter but when it gets to be a bit wavy this causes the kicker to come out of the water so always run  it at the lowest bracket position possible.

Cornelis.

Thanks for the advice and I will definitely do just that!