Got in the water around 6 in the am and headed for Tom's hunting grounds just west of the river and between 90 and 160 fow. Around 130 there were some very nice break lines and temperature differences of between 39 and 44 with current changes that went from very strong to almost no current surface temp went up and down between 50 and 39.

The fish were down from 10 to 30,then from 60 to 75 and a few around 90. I ended up with one laker from 90 feet down on a white on white spin doctor and fly,3 cohos and one king from high up on orange crush and a frog and one larger king in 60 foot on another magnum frog.

Got of the water at 3pm.

The currents took care of the different speeds.

WTG Cornelius.  Currents get pretty interesting over there don't they?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Yes they are.

I found them about a year ago. They are never in the same place,but when the lake is flat it is easy to locate them. The only problem is that it very hard to work fish that is all over with only 3 rods. I sometimes have 2 sliders per rod to cover all depths. the result is often a cluster slider.

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops

Cluster slider puts it mildly.  Look at the orientation of Lake Ontario on the maps w.r.t. the prevailing winds.  See the genny in the "cove?"  Now figure in the outflow from Long pond, Round/Buck pond, Braddocks and even the River & I-Bay.  Really gets interesting and becomes quite the challenge.

Tom B.

(LongLine)