Warm weather spell got you thinking

Welcome aboard! I'm from just down the road.. in Endwell.. and a walleye nut! I fish for salmon once in a great while, so they haven't kicked me out of here yet ;) I can't help you with the river, but I'd sure love to tap you for info on the Mud Bay area! My brother in law retired and built a house on Dablon Point, so I've been hitting the area for the past few years, although our main target is the eastern basin of Erie. We've had moderate success trolling from Grenadier towards Charity and towards Point Penninsula. The walleyes we get are huge.. but we don't get the numbers we get on Erie! I know that some of the guys run out and troll near the islands, but we haven't tried that yet. Any info you want to part with would sure be appreciated! Again.. welcome.. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Actually.. my best luck has been trolling NW along a ridge that runs from the tip of Grenadier towards Charity. It's about 40 feet deep and drops off on both sides.

Don't overlook our river! I've been doing real well down there. I even fished the high, muddy water this past Sunday and did well! Check back a ways for "Personal best walleye" and you'll see a post (and picture) of what "our" local river can produce! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I am stomp the grounds around black river bay and I frequently make the run up to right where you are talking about. I don't use my own boat but my fish with my buddy who has a boat set up for multiple rig trolling. I know the in the winter when ice is on, we pull them through the ice out in chaumont bay, mainly on Swedish Pimples. I saw a guy near the damn in Dexter fishing for walleye. I live 5 minutes from Dexter so I get a chance ever once in awhile to shoot down there and give it a shot. Steelies have come and gone through there too I think.

• 2 weeks later...